This is the easiest recipe ever! The kids love to make these.
Usually, crunchies are made in a shallow dish and cut up into squares but I decided to make them ‘all the same size’ in a muffin tray. After visiting Gameal’s I tried some variations of my own. Anything goes here…
Recipe: Chocolate Dipped Almond Crunchies
- 175g butter
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 slab of dark chocolate, for dipping
- 1/2 tsp butter
- Melt butter and syrup together.
- Add bicarbonate and stir until it froths.
- Mix dry ingredients into the melted butter and add the almond extract.
- Mix well.
- Gently press the mixture into a muffin tray.
- Bake in the oven at 180ºC for 20-30 minutes.
- When the crunchies turn light brown, remove from the oven.
- Switch off the oven and leave crunchies in for another 10 minutes to dry out.
- Allow to cool before removing from the tin.
- Melt the chocolate with 1/2 teaspoon of butter.
- Dip the bottom of the crunchies into the chocolate and allow to cool for the chocolate to harden.
Variations and Tips
Use nuts or dried fruits.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 20